Now that the weather is starting to cool down, walks on the beach and ice cream dates are pretty much out of the question. Just because summer is winding down doesn’t mean you have to cut back on fun date ideas with your significant other! The fall season is full of romance and opportunities to cozy up with your love. To get you inspired, we’ve gathered our top 15 fabulous fall date night ideas for couples… Pick your favorite ones and head out (or stay in) for a fun date with your sweetie!
1. Pumpkin Patch Date – Pick the perfect pumpkins at the pumpkin patch together. It’s a fun and inexpensive date with a gorgeous setting!
2. Carve Pumpkins – After you pick your pumpkins, head home to carve them right away to continue the date or plan another time to carve your pumpkin(s) together. You can pick your favorite pattern online, print it and try to recreate it. Have a friendly contest and even put a sexy wager on it like betting a kiss or massage. Then, get friends and family to judge your final creations.
3. Pick Apples – Fall season is apple picking season so head to the local orchard with your love and pick yourselves some yummy apples. Continue the date and take the apples home to make your own homemade apple pie.
4. Go for a Hayride – Cozy up together on the back of a hayride together and take in the beautiful sights of the season.
5. Corn Maze Date – Look up where a corn maze is locally, then get lost and romp around in the golden corn fields with your honey.
6. Go for a Bike Ride – Head out for a bike ride or a stroll with your love to take in the stunning scenery of fall around you. Go to the park or hit the trails to witness the landscapes of falling leaves that will leave you falling in love all over again.
7. Star Gazing – Drive out to a quiet secluded spot that’s clear of trees to lay out on a blanket with your significant other and watch the skies. Take in the beauty of the stars, spot falling stars and look out for meteor showers which are popular during the fall months.
8. Snuggle By a Bonfire – Grab a comfy blanket like this Tartan Plaid Super Soft Winter Cabin Throw Blanket and snuggle up with your sweetheart by a bonfire. Pack Marshmallow Roasting Sticks and other items to make s’mores for a sweet snack!
9. Wine Tasting – Harvest season in the northern hemisphere is between August and October so around this time many vineyards have events and deals on wine tastings. Take along a Wine Tasting Notebook so you two can compare notes and who knows, maybe you’ll find your next favorite wine!
10. Hot Chocolate Date – Head out to your local cafe for a steamy cup of frothy hot chocolate or make your own at home in your favorite mugs with yummy toppings! This Holiday Hot Chocolate Duo Gift Box comes complete with 2 different flavors of gourmet hot cocoa powder and s’mores candy stick stirrers, everything you need for a yummy cup of hot chocolate!
11. Check out a Haunted House – Grab on to each other and navigate a scary haunted house once October rolls around!
12. Go to Oktoberfest – Oktoberfest runs from late September into early October and most cities hold a local festival to celebrate. Look up an Oktoberfest celebration near you, then head out and enjoy the day together.
13. Attend a Festival – Fall time is a popular festival season thanks to the mild weather so grab your sweetie and check them out! There are all kinds of festivals including food festivals, church festivals, music festivals and more.
14. Football Games/Tailgating – Attend your college’s football game and/or tailgating party or check out a local high school game. If the game’s at night, be sure to take an extra sweater for the fall chill.
15. Ice Skating – Some ice rinks start opening early October and it’s a super cute date idea. Slip on some skates and glide around hand in hand with your sweetie.
Whatever fall date activities you and your partner choose, just remember it’s all about spending and enjoying time together as well as relaxing and communicating with one another. What’s your favorite fall date idea? Let us know, leave a comment below!
*Tip: Turn your phone off and be completely present in your date. Ask your partner to do the same.
Take a minute to watch and rate our short video displaying our
15 Fun Fall Date ideas!!
image credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
*This post contains affiliate links. Click here to learn more.